If you go down to the woods today
– the rhyme is known to us all
– but one thing that some aren’t aware of
– is the problems for trees that befall.
The Elm we’re aware of
– Ash dieback too
– but the Juniper suffers as well
– Hornbeam’s at risk
– the Dawn Redwood too
– while Black Poplars ride the buffers to Hell.
As mankind rapes the land of our forebears
– we forget that our children have a need
– and stripping the world of the forests
– affects how our offspring will feed
– We are only caretakers of this place
– we look after for those who will follow
– the sounds of the chain-saws as they cut out the heart
– makes promises seem all too hollow.